June 22, 2017 - Dryden to Pancake Bay in Batchwana Bay

June 22, 2017 – Dryden to Pancake Bay in Batchwana Bay

In the morning the humans got up early again. To be honest – I don’t like this. I need my sleep. The humans went to get breakfast and I had to wait in the car.

It was another long day in the car and somehow I would like this to stop because it is boring for me.
We saw more animals today: a bear and two moose.

For lunch we stopped and I saw a nice dog when we got out of the car. She was an Irish wolfhound and she had a puppy with her. She was so beautiful and smelled so good.

After the humans had lunch we went on the road again and headed Lake Superior. That is a really big lake. Brooke told us that it is the biggest lake in the world, although the Russians think Lake Baikal is the biggest one.

It was already dark when we got to the campground at Pancake Bay and I was very hungry.
The voyageurs landed at Pancake Bay as the canoed across Lake Superior in the 1700’s and 1800’s. The name Pancake Bay is derived from folk stories that were told of voyageurs. It is said that they prepared batches of pancakes from their remaining provisions as they traveled from this area to Sault Ste. Marie.
They were lots of mosquitos there and they bit me everywhere. My humans fed me and after the tent was put up we went in there and fell asleep right away.

I don’t like mosquitos but they seem to like me.

Beautiful sunset at Lake Superior




Professional Reader





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021