June 29, 2017 – River Run to Arnprior

June 29, 2017 – River Run to Arnprior

Today we had to get up early again. My humans packed our stuff and put everything in the car.
My master and the drivers left to launch the canoes. My mistress and I sat next to the fireplace and Marc lighted a fire for us.
Marc also told us that there was a raccoon in the barn in the late evening. I just saw a squirrel and some chipmunks in the barn and I wanted to chase them very badly but I wasn’t allowed.

After a while my master, Marc, Marc and Nick came back and we went to Arnprior. This wasn’t a long drive and we stopped at Tim Horton’s for a coffee. I stayed in the car. It was raining again and I was glad I stay there.
The humans drove to the park where they paddler would arrive. It was raining very hard and the park was soaked. There were no showers and all of the toilets were stuffed but one.

After the paddlers arrived they loaded the canoes on the trailer and the drivers went back to pick up their cars in River Run. My mistress and the others stayed in the park in the women’s bathroom. I did not like the smell in the bathroom but I preferred this to being outside in the rain. Some of the paddlers booked hotel rooms for the night as it was raining so hard and there was not shower.

When the drivers returned my humans wanted to get their tent out of Dwight’s car and set it up underneath the gazebo in the park. The mayor of the city gave the Voyageurs the permission to camp in the park.
Dwight told us he would like to take us to the hotel again with him. He insisted and so we went to the Knights Inn with him and my humans and shared a room with him. I think I need to give Dwight a big kiss as I prefer sleeping in a hotel room instead of sleeping in a tent. My humans had to show the paper that says I am a service dog. Can’t he see I am a service dog? I am so well behaved and cute!

My humans, Dwight and the other paddlers went out for dinner to an Indian restaurant. I was tired and lied down to my mistress’ chair and slept while they were eating.
After dinner we went back to the hotel and I finally fell asleep for the night.




Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Our new home – January 4, 2022