October 14, 2017 - The bear is still around

The bear is still around here, my mistress found footprints in front of the camper again. My humans said they would like to see the bear from the distance but it keeps hiding. I am not sure if I would like to meet him. By smelling his poop I can tell he is quite big and wild. I’d rather not meet him and so I mark my territory even more than before. Maybe that keeps the bear away.
I wonder where he lives anyway. Do bears live in a house or in a cave? What do they eat?

My mistress did a little research for this. Black bears eat mostly vegetables, berries, nuts and roots. They also eat ants, bees and sometimes moose calves. Chipmunks, squirrels and groundhogs belong to their menu too. They sleep in caves, earth pits or hollow tree trunks.
Did you know a male black bear weighs between 50 and 400 kg?
Their biggest enemies beside the humans are Grizzlies, coyotes, wolves and cougars.

The leaves are falling and the bush is starting to clear up. Now I can run in the bush and experience the bush. That’s fun!







Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021