Stuck in Porquis Junction - December 12, 2017

Today my humans helped a friend moving. They were picked up early in the morning and took me with them, luckily as we found out later.
Our friend needs help with moving as he had a stroke a couple of years ago and can’t see very well. My mistress packed his stuff and my master and some other friends loaded the truck.
It was quite warm outside and the weather forecast said it would be a nice day, maybe some rain. During the day it started snowing real heavy.
I stayed in the apartment while they were doing their stuff. It was boring and somehow I was in the way all the time. Everybody told me to move, to get out of the way… My mistress found me a place on an armchair where I could lie down and take a nap.
Our friend had a cat, a nice red one. She was afraid of me but she liked my mistress. She left her room a couple of times to see what’s going on but was scared away as soon as she left her room as there were too many people walking around.
There were 4 other friends helping but two young ones quit after 2 hours. The humans tried to find more helpers but couldn’t, so the remaining two and my humans had to finish this. When they were almost done Mitch, the owner of Cuda, showed up and helped taking care of the last things that needed to be moved.
In the late afternoon they finally finished packing and loading. Everybody went into the cars and wanted to drive off to the new apartment. As it snowed for a couple of hours and it was quite warm there was a lot of slush on the streets and it was very slippery with half melted ice underneath. The moving truck got stuck on the ice and Leonce had to pull it out. My mistress was asked to drive one of the cars and she and me got into the car. I was sitting in the back and my master closed the door but my tail was pinched between the door and the car. I cried because it hurt so much. My mistress was stuck in the front seat with pizza on her legs and my master couldn’t hear me. Finally I could pull my tail out, it was just some hair I lost. My master felt very sorry after my mistress told him.

The drive to the new apartment was hard as the streets were very slippery and the windshield steamed up more and more. My mistress could not stop on the shoulder as there was too much slush and we might have got stuck. Our friend, sitting on the passenger seat, can’t see very well and wasn’t much of a help. Finally she found a possibility to pull over, look for the right button to get rid of the steam and could drive on.
At the new place were two more helpers waiting for us and they unloaded the truck in no time. I had to lie down in one corner to be out of the way but my mistress made sure I got water.
Most of the stuff was left outside in the hallway. They found out, that the helpers forgot to load our friend’s matrass.
Mitch told us that there was an accident on the way to Tim’s house and the road was closed. The other road in that direction was closed too. There was no way we could go back to Tim’s house soon and it was too dangerous anyway. So the humans decided to stay at our friend’s new home for the night. There were two matrasses and Mitch, who lives in the same building, gave us some sleeping bags and blankets. My humans set up a nice comfy bed and even I had a blanket to lie on.
As my humans slept on the floor I could stay very close to my mistress and enjoyed that very much as this gives me a feeling of security.
After a good sleep we went up in the morning and my humans got a nice cup of coffee. They helped our friend to unpack the most important things, like all the things for the kitchen.
Around noon the humans had to return the rental truck. My mistress and one of the helpers went to return the truck and gas up the car to be taken back to Tim’s place.
When they came back they told us that at the gas station was only one pump that worked as the rain caused some damage to the pumps the other day. There is only one more gas station and they seemed to have the same problem.
After noon we went back to Tim’s place I was finally able to run around outside. I missed that. Being stuck in an apartment and just going for a short walk on the leash is not what I like.




Professional Reader



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021