February 24, 2018 - Poison

Today my mistress, my master and Ken spent the day at the Hot Air Balloon Festival in town. They made balloons for the Chamber of Commerce of Pahrump.

I spent the day with the rest of the family. In the evening I got hungry but my mistress and my master haven’t come home yet to feed me.
Some of the family members here sat in front of the TV and played games. I was looking around and found a mouse underneath the living room table. It looked dead to me. As I said, I was hungry and there was that dead mouse. To make a long story short, I ate that mouse. The humans around me reacted immediately and tried to get me away from that mouse but I was afraid they might take it from me and so I hurried eating it.

My mistress, my master and Ken came home shortly after that and fed me. When my humans heard that I ate that dead mouse they freaked out. They told me that that mouse was poisoned because there was poison in the pantry to get rid of all the mice in the house, as it wasn’t just the one we saw.
Rat poison can be very dangerous to humans and to dogs if they eat it. In this case the mouse ate it and I ate the poisoned mouse.

They tried to make me vomit with warm salty water. It did not help, my stomach gargled but nothing happened. They were scared and my mistress cried. The tried to call a vet but it was Saturday evening and all the vets were closed.
Finally they found a telephone number of a vet clinic that was open 24/7 and they called them. They were told to call the animal poison control to find out if this was dangerous for me.
As you have to pay the animal poison control in the USA my mistress called the German poison control. She also wasn’t sure if she could express herself correctly in English. The German poison control told her that she should bring me to a vet immediately as this is time critical.

My humans took me and off we went to Las Vegas to get to the Veterinary Emergency + Critical Care at Tropicana Avenue. It took an hour to go there.
They were very friendly and brought us into a room. I had to pee urgently because of all the water I had earlier. My mistress and my master did not understand why I was whining. There was no other solution; I had to pee in there. Finally my mistress understood I wasn’t done yet and went outside with me. I found a nice bush to pee on and I tell you, I peed a loooooot.
We went back to the room and after a short while a doctor came into the room. She talked to my humans and told them that I will probably be fine but need a check up the next day.

We went back home and it was already 3 am when we finally arrived home. I was so tired as this was very exiting. My humans were exhausted and we went to bed.




Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021