May 2, 2018 – A car – or is it a bus?

Wow, what a day. It started as a normal day ….

My humans were looking for a car to purchase. They want to go back to Canada by car to be able to make balloons in Timmins. Did I tell you they are balloon artists?
Maybe not, I can’t remember. It will not hurt to tell you again.

A couple of years ago, to be exactly on December 31, 2012, my humans invited some friends for New Years Eve. We’ve been living in Germany then. One of their friends showed up with her new boyfriend. He brought a big bouquet of balloon flowers for my mistress. My humans were thrilled and my master wanted to learn how to do that kind of stuff.
He got a short crash course of how to inflate, tie and twist a balloon. That night my master was dreaming in balloons. His mind got crazy with ideas of what you could do with balloons. My mistress wasn’t too amused as that kept her from sleeping.
Two months later my master went to BAM, Balloon Artist Meeting in Germany. He learned a lot there, all the basics you need to be a balloon artist. My mistress started twisting too. At the beginning I was really scared, because once in a while a balloon pops and that sounds like fireworks.
My master was hired to make balloons after a while and at the end of 2014 my master became a fulltime balloon artist.
Now they work together with Ken Stillman, one of the most famous balloon artists all over the world. They just released a software for balloon artists called Virtualoon.
In 2015 they took me with them to Millennium Jam in Belgium and I met a couple of balloon artists there. I even met Phileas Flash – The Timetwister from Canada. He is such a nice person and I could smell his dog. Unfortunately his dog is not as lucky as I am to be able to travel with my humans.

Balloon artists are funny people, they play with balloons, at least that’s what most people think. No, they do great stuff with balloons, they twist them, bend them, stretch them and at the end you have a sculpture, or a wall or even a truck in life size.
Me personally, I was wondering what a balloon is and as all the scraps were lying on the floor while my humans twisted I thought I might as well try how they taste. To be honest, they don’t taste very good, no flavor. A couple of days later my mistress found some very colorful poop in the backyard. Since that day they make sure that the balloon scraps are kept in a garbage bag.

Oh no, it happened again, I was sidetracked again.
Back to the theme of this blog.

Well, my humans wanted to purchase a car. This morning my mistress found a car on the Internet. She showed it to my master and they forgot about it again. After lunch they were talking about the car again and decided to have a look at it. It turned out that the seller is a photographer from Pahrump.
My humans called her and couldn’t reach her but she called back. They agreed that they would meet and my humans could have a look at the car.

My humans took me with them. They loved the car. Although, well, it’s a little bigger than a car, even bigger than a van. It’s white with come colored stripes on the side. It’s huge. It’s a bus. To be specific it is a Dodge Ram 350 extended version from 1988. Now you could ask me how I would know, as I am a dog. Ha, I tell you, my humans explained everything to me.
In this car we can travel to Canada, sleep in the car, transport arches and columns and more for balloon gigs, …
Stacy Frick, the former owner of that car has two Great Danes. She used that to transport her dogs. Therefore there was plenty of dog smell in the car. I wish I could have met them in “person”.
Stacy is a photographer as mentioned before. She owns the Pink Chapel Farm, a venue for weddings. We passed that when we were on our way to somewhere else. It’s beautiful, my mistress looked at the website and on her Facebook page. She found this video in there that shows how awesome the Pink Chapel Estate is https://www.facebook.com/stacy.frick/videos/pcb.10215128361539500/10215128213535800/?type=3&theater.

If I were human and wanted to get married I definitely would marry there.

Ok, back to the car. The main problem was, that the car wasn’t running and the battery was dead. My humans decided even if there were a chance they might have to repair something they would get the car.
They went back to Ken’s house, paid the car and asked Ken and Eric for help with the car. They had to purchase some things on the way to Stacy to get the car started.
It took some gas and about 1 hour till they could start the car. My humans drove the car to Ken’s property and now they have to start to clean it and fix some minor things to be able to drive all the way to Canada.

I love the car, there is plenty of room for me and I might even be able to lie on the seats while they drive.

Oh I forgot to tell you, the car’s name is Scooby-Doo. Don’t judge it by the pictures you see here. My humans are still working on it to make it look very nice and run smooth.




Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021